Friday, January 18, 2008

Accounting Seminar

Wow! A great talk by the speakers at the Accounting Seminar held earlier on in school. At least I have a clearer mind of what I want to do after graduation in about 2 months' time.

Most probably will go work and take up part time study at ACCA. After that, hope will proceed to take up CPA.

Well, as one of the speakers had said, it's already too late to change our path. Most likely will remain in this accounting field.

Sigh.. Though KPMG is good, they have a good starting pay and they will sponsor us (poly grads) for ACCA study, but not everyone will be accepted into KPMG. I'm referring to myself. Firstly, I don't have a good GPA (results) and secondly, I do not have CCA to show my leadership skills. Moreover, I'm not as eloquent as others, so will tend to lose out in interviews too. Conclusion is, no chance at all. Haha~

Life will also be difficult as an auditor. Maybe due to my internship experience? Haha~ Nevertheless, audit is a good platform for people in the accounting field. Audit will bring us greater exposure to different types of industries, the operations and the way the account is being done up in the respective industries. In another words, it will be an advantage / experience for us if want to switch to accounting from auditing. That's my personal view lahx.