Monday, April 21, 2008

1st week of work

Day 1

Couldn't get used to the timing at all! Haha~ Gotta wake up early in the morning, and then will get sleepy in the afternoon. Felt like closing my eyes for a rest. Haha~ Went alone for lunch. One person did ask me if I know where to go for lunch, and I replied that I know. She didn't ask if I wanted to join them but I also didn't ask her if I could join them. Oh ya, this lady, V, who approached me was quite nice. She's worried that I did not bring a brolly as it was raining at that time during lunch, she offered me her brolly. Thanks a lot~ Since I was alone, plus it was raining, I skipped my lunch for the day! Yeah!

On this very first day of work, I was being told that I would "belong" to two person; meaning I need to help to do the job for two accountants. In the morning, I'll "belong" to J, and afternoon will be V. I was like, a bit shocked. Haha~ Cannot imagine how to help two person. In the end, I'll complete J's work halfway, and then proceed to help V. Of course, it will end it being halfway done too. Haha~ Gotta speed up my work already. Oh mine...

Day 2

Similar to day 1, just that I had my lunch today. Haha~ I went to buy one big pau, sit somewhere outside the office building and eat. I think that's when I got to know that Christopher will be joining me soon. Haha~ Happy~

Met my IPP senior during lunch time. Haha~ Long time no see her already. Quite happy to see her again. Arranged to meet for lunch the next day as she knew I'm lunching alone. Haha~

Day 3

Nothing unusual for the day, except V's on leave; which means I only need help one person today. But I think those data entry type of job I still need to do for V as I think C.Y. (their senior, I supposed) had got the job over from her. Just that lesser work to be done.

Day 4

V's still on leave. Thus been helping out with J. Happy for the day as I had EILEEN as my lunch partner! Haha~ Very happy~ Long time never see her too. Some time back we said want organise an EMRS outing, in the end I think because we don't know what to do or where to go for the outing, the outing was not being out into action. Haha~ Anyway, glad to see her. Same old her. Haha~ Thanks, Eileen! Thanks for making my day! Haha~ Exaggerating?

Day 5

V's still on leave. No lunch partner, thus don't feel like going lunch. Thus when it's lunch time, I took a rest at my table. Took out my phones and played some games. When asked by C.Y. why I'm not going lunch, I told C.Y. that I don't want to eat alone, thus not going. So C.Y. asked if want to join him not, and I replied that I don't want to go. When being asked, "you sure?" I began to think again because I know I'm hungry, just that I don't want to lunch alone. I pondered for a few seconds and decided to go. Haha~ So indecisive. Every time when being asked "you sure?" I'll stop and think again. Haha~

Poor C.Y. for trying to find topics to talk. You know what, I'm a girl of few words. Haha~ Haven't finish my sentence yet! Girl of few words when I'm with someone I'm not familiar with as I get "warmed up" very slow. Can see that C.Y. already tried to come up with topics. Poor thing..

Well, at least I've got a lunch partner for the day. Haha~ Christopher's joining me soon, so no more worries about lunch! Haha~ Woo~

Job scope

Maybe I didn't mention very clearly what I've been doing for this job of mine. Basically is data entry, filing, preparing cheques, preparing quick cheque deposits and writing of pay order. More or less the same everyday. Been doing quite slowly as I'm worried that I might make mistakes somewhere, especially when keying data into the accounting systems. Still trying do faster in order to complete the tasks on hand faster. Still learning. =)