Friday, August 22, 2008

What is the aim of my career?

Haha~ Y.K. was right! It's time for me to start thinking of my job; as in what I really want to do in the future. What is the job scope or task(s) I would like to do that could help me advance in my work.

I cannot stick to doing the same job for long time. Yes, maybe for now, but not for the future. As she said, the faster way to get pay increase is through promotion. However, how fast or how slow I want to get myself promoted will depend on me and nobody else.

Through taking up more responsibilities (of course must perform up to standard too, if not also no use), then can I gain my credits. The problem is, am I ready to take up my responsibilities yet? I'm not very sure.

Well, maybe I should try on new stuff so as to learn more. Basically I cannot ask them to give me work which is applicable to my study now as it's on Performance Management. Haha~ Now all I can remember from this module is... BUDGETING! Haha~ So, that's out of the question. Maybe next semester's topics I might be able to apply to my job? Haha~

My future goal in this line is to be a Financial Controller (FC). Haha~ For now that's my goal. Of course I must work step by step to achieve that. Thus, my first goal in this process to being a FC is first, to be promoted to Account Executive level from current Account Assistant position. Followed by being an Accountant. The becoming a FC. Haha~ LONG WAY TO GO MAN! Haha~

Actually I planned to go into audit field for few years after completion of ACCA to gain more experience. Experience as in, how the accounts are being done in different industries etc. In addition, also to get to know more people, so called, building up network. Haha~ It's through audit whereby you can get to know more people and try to build a good relationship with them. Haha~

After having said so much, what's my goal now? Haha~ Hmmm.. I'm also not very sure if I should ask for more type of tasks. If so, what are the tasks that I want to try out so that I can ask from them. Guess that's gonna spend me some time to do so thinking before I can have the answers for it as now I've got nothing on my mind now. And I really mean NOTHING. Haha~